Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Thing 5

A friend got married a few weeks ago. She had perhaps the most fabulous wedding I have ever been to. Since I was taking a million pictures that night friends asked me to share the photos with them. The next morning I logged onto www.flickr.com, uploaded my photos, and shared them with my friends. I am also a member of a knitting community that uses flickr as the way to share photos with the community. After looking through this "Thing", I went back and added tags to a few of my knitting projects.

I then explored a few of the library groups. I was particularly baffled by the Second Life Library 2.0 group. I was trying to figure out why librarians need to be involved--as a group--with Second Life (and I was trying to figure out what Second Life is). I googled Second Life Library 2.0 and decided that this group must be a way for librarians from all over the place to get together in the virtual world. The main thing that I noticed librarians are using flickr groups for is a way to share what they are doing in the library with other librarians--either within the same region or throughout the world.

4 comments:

arkreynolds said...

Just wanted to say hello. I'm embarassed to admit this but I lost the address to the knitting group. If you don't mind would you send it to me again? What are you knitting now? You'll find me under ARK's Classroom.

Grendel said...

I am glad you found a personal as well as professional use for Flickr! I can see how advantageous it would be for your knitting club and for those who attended your friend's wedding. Where did this splendid event take place?

Bromonsky said...

Loved seeing your photos and the knitting items you have created. You are very talented.

RCELibrarian said...

I was scrolling down the list of participants....love your title...it may not have been what you wanted...but I think it's very creative! Flickr is a great way to share the photos!