Monday, April 7, 2008

Thing 6

I had a lot of fun exploring these mashups. My favorite one is Flickr Color Pickr. I think it would be really good for students who are looking for pictures that are certain colors for a project or even just the background of a poster.

I made a Trading Card:



I think it would be neat to have my students make trading cards for authors, characters, etc. The sky is the limit with this one.

I want to make a Jane Austen and a Margaret Atwood card (yes, I know, I'm lame).

I really liked a lot of the mashups, but I have a difficult time seeing how some of them would apply in the classroom or the library. I do think that Mosaic Maker would be perfect in the classroom and the library. I could see using this tool in many uses, such as in a social studies class, etc.

I think this is a topic I need to let fester a bit longer.

1 comment:

Kay said...

I love the trading card. Great idea to use it for authors.