Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Thing 14

When I searched for "School Library Learning 2.0" in keywords, I got 1,294 hits, but when I did the same search in tags I got only three hits. That was interesting, and I think the searches would be good for different things. sometimes it's overwhelming to get thousands of hits, and it would be nice to get just three hits when you are looking for something very specific.

"Ambien" is the top search? Really? How mundane. "Emma Watson"? Yes, I'm surprised. There are some things that are top searches that I have no clue what they are. I wanted to look at the most popular blog in the world, "Boing Boing," but it is BLOCKED. I'll have to remember to check it out when I get home.

I'm still not sure how Technorati can help me in my teaching. I have considered that it would be helpful to search fro some up-to-the-minute information on a specific topic for my students. The trick is making sure that the information is accurate.

I still love tagging. I love the idea of making my own categories and finding things that other people have tagged using the same categories that I think of. I think this will make searches more meaningful.

No comments: