Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Thing 18

I've used Google Docs before and Open Office was on my computer when I received it (way to go, SBISD!). I like that you can share your documents with other people and collaborate with them in Google Docs, but I wasn't particularly thrilled with the formatting. It seemed like I could never get it the way that I liked it. Not that Microsoft Office is much better. I like that I can save things to Google Docs and edit them form any computer. Many of my students use Google Docs and some of them were using it to collaborate of the project they were working on this week.

I haven't really worked very much with Open Office, but I'm not sure why. I guess I'm sticking with what I know. The advantages of working with free online tools are that they are FREE! And just as good, for the most part. I'm having a difficult time thinking of disadvantages. I love free online tools!

No comments: